Parent Teacher League (PTL)
The PTL is a dedicated group of parents with a commitment to the teachers and students of Pilgrim Lutheran School. Our goal is to bring together the school community through social activities and educational programs
Any parent or guardian of a child attending Pilgrim Lutheran School is a member as a condition of enrollment. All teachers are members as a condition of employment.
The PTL meets regularly during the school year. The PTL Board meets at 6:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of each school month to schedule, plan, and publicize PTL Events.
Dues are set by the PTL Board and paid in advance as part of the regular fee schedule according to the terms of student enrollment.
Officers & Their Duties
The president presides at all meetings or appoints another officer to preside; represents the PTL as an official member of the School Board; and oversees the organization and planning of all PTL activities and functions.
The First Vice President assists the President and performs the duties of the President in his or her absence.
The Second Vice-President recruits room parents and serves as their Chairperson and assists the President and First Vice President as needed.
The Recording Secretary records and presents the minutes of regular meetings and Board meetings.
The Corresponding Secretary takes care of all necessary correspondence including providing information for the Pink Pages, sending thank you cards, sending sympathy cards; and publicizes the time and place of general meetings and events.
The Treasurer makes necessary monetary collections and disbursements; keeps an exact record of all monetary transactions; accepts and promptly deposits receipts in PTL Bank Account; and prepares and presents financial report at regularly scheduled PTL Board meetings.
The Supply Manager purchases supplies needed for PTL events.
Board Members at Large
The PTL Board appoints Members at Large to assist the Board in fulfilling its functions.
Officers for 2012-2013
- President- Nancy Liljedahl
- 1st Vice President- Robert Knapp
- 2nd Vice President- Marueen Schaf
- Treasurer- Megan Zegler
- Recording Secretary - Julie Begley Schmidt
- Corresponding Secretary- Halley Williams
- Member At Large- Doerthe Erdbeer
- Member At Large- Tricia Konig
- Member At Large- Andy Weiss
- Teacher Representative- Sara Chenery
Selection and Appointment of Officers
Each spring the current PTL Board recruits and trains officers for the coming year. Effort is made to include members of the current Board and new members. The membership of the new board is presented for approval to the School Board by May of the year preceding the school year of appointment. Official duties begin in June and installation of officers takes place at the September plenary meeting.
Functions of the PTL Board
The PTL Board is responsible to:
- Plan and provide a program of activities that helps establish a closer relationship among parents and teachers in accord with the educational and social purposes of the PTL.
- Publicize and promote the activities of the PTL.
- Introduce new members, greet members, send cards in cases of death to member(s) of the immediate family, and send cards in cases of serious illness.
- Determine annual dues, approve all expenditure of funds. and provide for annual audit of the Treasurer's books.
- Under the direction of the Second Vice President organize and oversee the work of Room Parents.
In addition, the PTL Board may choose to promote PTL fundraising for special school projects, e.g., installation of carpeting, installation of ceiling fans, etc. This is done in close coordination with the Congregational Fundraising Coordinator. The Congregational Fundraising Coordinator, under the auspices of the Church Council, has responsibility for all Pilgrim fundraising.